Projects eligible for aid
Investment projects that promote energy saving and more efficient use of energy include
- projects that concern conventional technology and are related to the energy efficiency agreement scheme
- projects that concern new technology, meaning technical or other solutions that have previously not been commercially applied in Finland
- ESCO projects.
For example, the following kinds of investments in the use of renewable energy are eligible for support:
- small heating plants
- small electricity production projects
- biofuel production projects
- demonstration projects concerning new technology.
Aid can also be granted to the following types of studies concerning energy saving, more efficient energy use and the use of renewable energy:
- energy audits
- energy analyses.
Projects eligible for aid do not include conventional studies and examinations concerning the establishment, expansion, profitability, development, planning, marketing or background of business activities. As a rule, energy support is not granted to projects covered by the Emissions Trading Act (311/2011).