Artificial intelligence programme
The report Finland’s Age of Artificial Intelligence lists eight key actions for taking Finland to-wards the age of AI.
- Enhancement of business competitiveness through the use of AI
- Effective utilisation of data in all sectors
- Ensure AI can be adopted more quickly and easily
- Ensure top-level expertise and attract top experts
- Make bold decisions and investments
- Build the world’s best public services
- Establish new models for collaboration
- Make Finland a frontrunner in the age of AI
The report was prepared by a steering group deliberating on the future of AI in Finland. The group, led by Pekka Ala-Pietilä, was appointed by Minister of Economic Affairs Mika Lintilä on 18 May 2017. It published its first report on 23 October 2017.
A subgroup, working under the steering group, published its report on the transformation of work and the labour market on 20 June 2018.
The term of the AI steering group runs until the end of the present Government’s term. The group’s final report will be completed in April 2019.
Finland's Age of Artificial Intelligence - Turning Finland into a Leader in the Application of AI: Objectives and Recommendations for Measures
Work in the age of artificial intelligence - four perspectives on economy, employment, skills and ethics (in Finnish)
Join in the work at aiera.fi
The steering group for the Artificial Intelligence Programme conducts its work in a way that is transparent and participatory. Take part in the discussion on the website aiera.fi and in social me-dia (#tekoälyaika, #aiera), and help identify further measures. Together we can take Finland into the age of artificial intelligence.
- Press release of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment 20 June 2018: Report: Employees’ skills must be safeguarded in the age of artificial intelligence
- Press release of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment 20 June 2018: Minister Lintilä: Legislation on skills and competence should be reformed as a package
- Press release of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment 23.10.2017: Working group: Eight key actions for making Finland a top country in artificial intelligence
- Press release of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment 18 May 2017: Ministeri Lintilä: Finland a leader in the application of artificial intelligence
- Q&A about artificial intelligence
- Key issues paper for discussion on new approaches to digitalization and artificial intelligence, 12.12.2017