How can the goals be achieved?
Preparation of the National Growth Programme for the Transport Sector included drawing up a roadmap for 2018–2022.
The selected complementary and closely interconnected actions have a direct or indirect impact on ecosystem development or business-driven growth.
Of all the actions identified in the preparation process, the ones selected for the roadmap were deemed to have the most significant impact. If necessary, the roadmap will be supplemented and modified during its implementation.
Many of the actions require cooperation. Parties responsible for coordination will be named with the objective of ensuring maximum effectiveness.
The growth programme is promoted in collaboration by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, Ministry of Transport and Communications, Ministry of the Environment, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Ministry of Education and Culture, the cities of Espoo, Helsinki, Oulu, Tampere, Turku and Vantaa; Business Finland, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd, Finnish Transport Safety Agency, National Land Survey of Finland, the Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra, Smart & Clean Foundation for the Helsinki region, the Regional Council of Häme (the Growth Corridor), ITS Finland, and the business and industry sector.
The roadmap actions are grouped under nine themes:
- Transformation based on a shared vision and enabling legislation
- Cities as the platform for lead markets
- Effective use of digital data
- Competitive edge from research and education
- Versatile financing to boost development
- Pilot projects in leading change
- References and scalability with public procurement
- Access to internationalisation
- Business-focused growth ecosystems to drive exports