Results release: Study on International Talent Attraction and Work-related Residence Permit Process Models in Comparison Countries
Keskiviikko 16.12.2020 –
Työ- ja elinkeinoministeriö Valtioneuvoston viestintäosasto
Welcome to listen and discuss about the main findings of the project International Models to Attract Foreign Workers and Talent! The project was conducted as part of the Finnish government’s analysis, assessment, and research activities from December 2019 until December 2020.
The study takes two contextual approaches to the talent attraction. First, it looks at the tal-ent attraction in global context and identifies six emerging trends that are accentuated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Second, the study benchmarks the permit process models in com-parison countries. The report shares the main findings and implications on what Finland can learn from experiences and processes of other countries.
The findings will be utilized in developing the work and study based residence permit pro-cesses and talent attraction activities in the national Talent Boost programme.
- Opening words / Migration Director Sonja Hämäläinen, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Presenting the results of the project / Analyst Juho-Matti Paavola, Oxford Research Oy and CEO Rune Rasmussen, Syntaks Danmark aps
- Reflections on utilizing the results
- Permit processes / Project Manager Kristel Stenman-Huuskonen, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Talent attraction models / Chief Specialist Laura Lindeman, Ministry of Eco-nomic Affairs and Employment
- Open discussion
Time: 16th of December at 9-11
Venue: Skype or Teams (the link will be sent to all registered to the event)
Registration: Please sign up for the event by 14th of December. The link to the event will be sent to everyone registered.
Kohderyhmät: julkinen hallinto, media, järjestöt ja yhteisöt