Monitoring committee appointed for the EU’s regional and structural policy programme in 2021–2027
The Government has appointed a monitoring committee for the EU’s regional and structural policy programme Innovation and skills in Finland 2021–2027. The committee will monitor the implementation, effectiveness and performance of the programme.
The Innovation and skills in Finland programme implements measures from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the European Social Fund Plus (ESF+) and the Just Transition Fund (JTF). The funding from the EU totals approximately EUR 1.9 billion. The implementation of the programme will begin in November 2021.
Members and tasks of the monitoring committee
The monitoring committee will consider all issues that may have an effect on the programme’s progress and achievement of its objectives. The committee also approves the selection criteria used in the programme, its final performance report and evaluation plan, and any significant changes to the programme. The term of the monitoring committee will cover the entire programme period. The committee will carry out its tasks in cooperation with the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, which acts as the managing authority.
The monitoring Committee will be chaired by Johanna Osenius, Director for Regional Development at the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment. Ministerial Adviser Petri Haapalainen from the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment will serve as vice-chair.
In addition to them, the monitoring committee will consist of:
- seven representatives of the ministries,
- four representatives of regional councils,
- four representatives of ELY Centres,
- a representative of the Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities
- a representative of cities in the ecosystem agreement
- two representatives of employee organisations
- three representatives of employer organisations and business and industry
- two representatives of organisations responsible for promoting social inclusion, fundamental rights, rights of persons with disabilities, gender equality and non-discrimination
- a representative of the environmental sector.
A deputy member has been appointed for each representative. In addition, the monitoring committee has six permanent experts who have the right to speak at meetings.
Johanna Osenius, Director for Regional Development, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, tel. +358 29 506 4937
Petri Haapalainen, Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, tel. +358 29 506 4922
Helinä Yli-Knuutila, Senior Specialist, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, tel. +358 29 504 7146