Ministerial Working Group on Promoting Employment
The Ministerial Working Group on Promoting Employment guided and directed the implementation of Prime Minister Sanna Marin's Government Programme in the following areas: employment promotion, labour market issues, and employment legislation. The working group was chaired by Minister of Employment Tuula Haatainen.
From 18 August 2020, four tripartite sub-groups worked under the Ministerial Working Group. Their task was to prepare proposals for measures implementing the Government Programme, and to present them to the Ministerial Working Group.
The sub-groups focused on the following:
- Service structure of labour market policy
- Services, benefits and inclusion
- Local collective bargaining
- Ministerial Working Group on Promoting Employment starts its work by setting up tripartite task forces (MEAE press release 26 July 2019)
- Tasks and compositions of the sub-groups (pdf), appointment decision, 16 August 2019 (in Finnish)
- Decision to merge sub-groups 2 - 5 (pdf), 18 august 2020 (in Finnish)
Kimmo Ruth, Labour Market Counsellor, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, tel. +358 295 048 073