Cooperation in the EU and at other international forums
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment promotes sustainable economic growth, employment and competitiveness in the EU and at other international forums by
- ensuring better conditions for business operations and employment
- simplifying regulation in the European Union (EU), by ensuring more effective implementation of EU programmes and by reducing the regulatory burden of companies arising from EU legislation
- supporting the development of the European Union’s internal market, especially in servic es, energy and digital services and by promoting mobility of labour
- promoting research, development and innovation
Broad activity in different forums
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment is a partner in the Team Finland network. The Team Finland network promotes Finland and its interests abroad: Finland’s external economic relations, internationalisation of Finnish companies, international investments in Finland and Finland’s country brand.
The ministry’s engagement in the EU and at other international forums is based on Finland’s international commitments, the Government Programme, Government’s EU strategies and the ministry’s own priorities.
The ministry is engaged in international cooperation on a bilateral basis and at a number of different forums:
- European Union (EU)
- Nordic Council of Ministers (NCM)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- United Nations (UN) and its specialized agencies
International Labour Organization (ILO)
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Council of Europe (COE)
The ministry’s departments are responsible for content-related issues in accordance with their division of labour. The ministry’s corporate steering unit is responsible for overall coordination of EU and other international matters and it supports the ministry’s senior management in international tasks.