Legislation on regional development
The Act on Regional Development and the Administration of Structural Funds (7/2014) entered into force in 2014, and it governs regional development. The Act lays down the goals and programme work of regional development as well as the tasks of the authorities responsible. Moreover, the Act includes special provisions on the structural fund programme and the European Territorial Cooperation programme, namely managing their action plans.
The Act on the Funding of Regional Development and Structural Fund Projects (8/2014) includes provisions on
1) the funding of projects implemented with the help of national funds and structural funds by the Ministry of Employment and the Economy and the Regional Councils, and
2) the funding of structural fund projects under the administrative sectors of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, the Ministry of Transport and Communications and the Ministry of Education and Culture.
The Act includes central provisions on granting support as well as the payment and monitoring of said support.
Structural funds, decrees and instructions
In addition to national legislation, the operation of structural funds is governed by EU legislation which has mostly been approved for the programme period 2014-2020. In addition to the EU regulation on European structural and investment funds, fund-specific regulations were issued regarding the European Social Fund (ESF), the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Cohesion Fund. Moreover, the decree on the European territorial cooperation goal has been updated, and a decree has been issued on supporting European territorial cooperation with ERDF funds. Combined, these regulations and decrees form the so called cohesion statute package.
- Act on Regional Development and the Administration of Structural Funds (7/2014)
- Act on the Funding of Regional Development and Structural Fund Projects (8/2014) (8/2014)
- Government Decree on Regional Development and the Administration of Structural Funds (356/2014)
- Memorandum of Decree (356/2014)
- Government Decree on the Funding of Regional Development and Structural Fund Projects (357/2014)
- Memorandum of Decree (357/2014)
- Government Decree on the eligibility for support of costs part-financed by a structural fund (358/2014)
- Memorandum of Decree (358/2014)
- Act on the European grouping of territorial cooperation (1340/2015)
- Act on Cooperation Across External Borders (675/2015)
Further information: tuula.manelius(at)tem.fi