New advisory service for employers to help international recruitment
The Work in Finland’s advisory service helps employers with international recruitment. Launched in August, the one-stop-shop service offers free advice concerning the recruitment of international experts, hiring and permit processes, and settling in Finland.
Finland aims to increase work-based immigration significantly in order to ensure the availability of labour and strengthen the growth potential of the economy. The new nationwide Work in Finland service responds to employers’ wishes by offering practical support and advice that facilitates international recruitment.
The advisory service is one of the many measures Finland has taken to streamline international recruitment. It is also part of the national Talent Boost programme and the new cross-organisational Work in Finland package.
“Before companies can recruit from abroad, they need to sort out many things. The new advisory service helps them find the answers. It is also important to make the experience as seamless as possible for the immigrants, because that will make Finland a more attractive destination for international talent,” says Petra Lehto, Programme Manager of the Talent Boost programme at the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
Service offers helps at all stages of recruitment
Work in Finland service offers employers information, support and advice concerning the recruitment of international experts, hiring and permit processes, and settling in Finland. The advisory service is open to private, public and third sector employers, regardless of their size or sector.
For example, you can contact the advisory service about:
- What issues should I consider in hiring a foreign employee?
- At which stage of the recruitment process should the recognition of professional qualifications be considered? Which responsibilities and measures belong to the employer and which belong to the employee?
- How do I know whether the international expert needs a visa, a residence permit or a registration of the right of residence of an EU citizen?
- Where can I find help to locate and recruit experts?
- How can I facilitate the arrival of employees moving to Finland in the initial stages?
The advisory service for employers is available from Monday to Friday at 9.00–12.00 at +358 295 016 770. The service is free and available by phone and e-mail. The service will be piloted between 16 August–30 September 2022 and the customers will be served in Finnish and English during that time. At the beginning of October, Swedish will be added to the range of languages and the opening hours will be extended.
Petra Lehto, Programme Director, Talent Boost, tel. +358 295 504 7188