The Government's entrepreneurship strategy aims to strengthen entrepreneurship in Finland
The Government’s entrepreneurship strategy strives to build companies’ confidence in the fact that Finland is a good place to invest, to start a company, to offer employment, and to build a business. Another objective of the strategy is to make Finland more attractive to foreign workforce and companies. The draft strategy is currently undergoing public consultation from 10 to 27 March 2020. Comments may be submitted by all organisations and private individuals.
Several practical measures to address the challenges experienced by entrepreneurs are proposed for each of the seven themes included in the strategy. The themes are:
- Predictable and competitive corporate taxation
- Competence and the availability of skilled labour to support business growth
- Encouraging growth-oriented business
- Reducing excessive regulation, simplifying service processes, impact assessment and competition policy
- Entrepreneurship as a driver of regional development
- Providing new beginnings, security and wellbeing for entrepreneurs
- Customised services for entrepreneurs to address specific needs and situations
The strategy is based on the Government Programme.
Ministerial Adviser Jaana Lappi