Network-based competence centre for sustainable and innovative public procurement (KEINO)
KEINO is a network-based competence centre for sustainable and innovative public procurement that brings together and builds networks between public procurement specialists. KEINO offers support and assistance to those responsible for public procurement for building sustainable and innovative procurement practices.
KEINO is a consortium of five organisations – Motiva, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd, Business Finland, the Finnish Environment Institute SYKE and Hansel Ltd – that are jointly responsible for implementation and development activities.
KEINO has been operational since 1 March 2018. KEINO receives funding from the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment from the year 2022 budget until 28 February 2024.
KEINO’s key goals for 2022-2023 are:
- the public sector's ability to use sustainable and innovative procurement has improved and procurement is managed strategically
- cooperation between the public sector and companies has increased and the solutions are scaling
- the use of sustainable and innovative procurement has increased (including the 10% target)
The cross-cutting priorities are circular economy, low carbon targets, ecosystem development as well as digitization and utilization of data.
More about KEINO’s activities and services
Evaluation of the Competence Center for Sustainable and Innovative Public Procurement (KEINO) (Finnish with English summary)
Sustainable and innovative public procurement in Finland
KEINO has prepared analyses of sustainable and innovative public procurement in Finland:
- Sustainability and innovation in procurement (in Finnish)
- Innovativeness of procurements – Summary of the measurements of KEINO in 2018 and 2020
Jaana Räsänen - jaana.rasanen(at)gov.fi