TE service pilots for jobseekers with partial work capacity
TE service pilots of the Working Capacity Programme included in Prime Minister Sanna Marin's Government Programme. The pilots improved the relevance of TE services for people with partial work capacity between 2021 and 2022. Particular areas of development included recruitment services and service packages that best support people with partial work capacity. At the same time, the service pilots seeked ways to improve the availability and supply of relevant training. Closer cooperation between jobseeker services and employer services was also an area under development.
Final report of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment on TE service pilots completed in January 2023:
- Final report on TE service pilots (In Finnish)
- The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment grants funding to TE service pilots for 2021–2022 (Press release 24.3.2021)
What did the pilots do?
The pilots were conducted in cooperation with working capacity pilots (managed by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health and the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare), municipal trials on employment, employers, employer networks and organisations. Organisations, in particular, have a high level of expertise in employing people with partial work capacity, planning suitable services and supporting the jobseekers’ capacity to work and function. This work was carried out especially with the expert organisation Vates and its partners.
TE services were redesigned based on the following priorities:
- identifying customers and their service needs better than before
- integrating employer services and jobseeker services more closely
- strengthening education and training paths
- expanding cooperation with organisations
The TE service pilots began in March 2021 and they completed at the end of 2022.
For more information (only in Finnish):
- Lapland: Työtä, tietoa ja työkykyä
- North Ostrobothnia: Kyvyillä ja valmiuksilla töihin
- Ostrobothnia: BotniaJob
- South Ostrobothnia: Tykki
- Pirkanmaa: Tuella työhön -pilotti
- Häme: Työelämädiili
- Uusimaa: TyöDesign – Tunnista, muotoile, työllistä
- North Carelia: Osatyökykyisten palvelumalli asiakas- ja yrityspalveluihin
Inquiries: Jenni Wessman, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, jenni.wessman(at)gov.fi