Public procurement legislation
In addition to national legislation and EU directives, Finnish contracting authorities adhere to the World Trade Organisation’s Agreement on Government Procurement (GPA).
Acts and Decree on public contracts
- Act on Public Contracts (348/2007) (i Finnish)
- Act on public contracts of entities operating in the water, energy, transport and postal services sectors (349/2007) (in Finnish)
- Government Decree on public contracts (614/2007) (in Finnish)
- Act on the Amendment of the Act on Public Contracts (321/2010) (in Finnish)
- Act on electronic auctions and dynamic purchasing system (698/2011) (in Finnish)
National legislation concerning public contracts
Centralisation of state procurement
The Ministry of Finance is responsible for the management and development of central government procurement activities. In accordance with the State Budget Act, the Ministry of Finance decides on organising centralised competitive tendering procedures for central government contracts. More detailed provisions concerning centralised procurement are laid down in the Ministry of Finance Decision on joint procurement in central government. The government’s centralised procurement is managed by Hansel Ltd, the central purchasing body.
Legislation concerning languages
Applying the Language Act to public contracts
The Ministry of Trade and Industry has asked the Ministry of Justice to issue an opinion concerning the application of the Language Act (423/2003) and the Act on the Openness of Government Activities (621/1999) to public contracts.