Call for applications for grants for circular economy projects — the aim is to create new business and growth
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment funds circular economy cooperation between the public and private sectors. A total of million euros has been earmarked for grants over a three-year period. The aim is to create new connections and cooperation between different parties and thus inspire new solutions for achieving carbon neutrality, for example.
The funding will be used to launch cooperation programmes that use circular economy principles that support innovation and expertise between the public and private sectors. The objective of these programmes is to create new operating models, business and jobs. In addition to companies and research organisations, other innovation actors, such as municipalities, counties and non-governmental organisations, may apply for funding. The deadline for applications is 7 August 2020 at 16.15.
Objectives and limitations set for the appropriation
The grant may be used to finance
- the implementation of strategic growth platforms and ecosystems that promote the circular economy
- the development of circular economy ecosystems
- projects that promote the circular economy and ecosystem development in organisations within the scope of on-budget entities and higher education institutions and similar organisations conducting public research or dissemination of information, as well as in municipal and other public organisations.
Here, ecosystem means cooperation-based activities of one or more parties in which the sharing of resources and data generates new business.
The grant cannot be used to finance
- already established activities (this is not an operating grant)
- investment projects (premises, laboratory equipment, etc.), but the acquisition of fixed assets essential for development, such as machinery and equipment, is discretionary under certain conditions
- business activities
- projects of an individual company
- procurement alone (but the funded projects may include procurement).
Applications should be submitted to the Registry of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment at [email protected]
Ulla Palander, Senior Adviser, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, tel. +358 295 049 235, (inquiries from 22 June to 10 July)
Sari Tasa, Senior Specialist, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, tel. +358 295 048 242, (inquiries from 20 July to 7 August)