Roadmap for growth and renewal in Finnish tourism for 2015–2025
Finland’s new tourism strategy (roadmap for growth and renewal in Finnish tourism for 2015-2025) was presented in January 2015. The aim is to make Finland the number-one tourist destination in Northern Europe by 2025.
The strategic priority areas of the roadmap are as follows:
- Strengthening theme-based co-operation between tourist centres and networks of tourism enterprises, as well as new openings in product development, sales and marketing
- Developing competitive and comprehensive offerings from the interfaces of tourism and other fields
- Increasing the effectiveness of marketing activities and making the travel services easier to buy
- A competitive operational environment for tourism that supports growth and renewal
- Easy accessibility
A number of different measures will be taken to promote the achievement of the objectives laid out in the roadmap. During the years 2015-2018 the following strategic projects supporting growth and renewal were funded with financial instruments in the administrative branch of MEAE:
- Finrelax – Turning Finland into a top country of wellbeing tourism
- Finnish Archipelago – Making the Finnish archipelago internationally known
- Finland Stopover – making Finland a leading stopover country.
Further information: Pihla Väänänen