New Board of Directors appointed to Emergency Supply Agency
The Government has appointed a new Board of Directors to the Emergency Supply Agency for the period from 1 June 2020 to 30 June 2023. The Board of Directors will be chaired by Director General Ilona Lundström from the Ministry of Employment and the Economy and vice-chaired by MSc (Tech) Sirpa Ojala.
The Board of Directors is responsible for directing the operations of the Emergency Supply Agency, appointing heads of profit centres, managing the National Emergency Supply Fund, and deciding on the budget and action plan of the Emergency Supply Agency. In addition, the Board of Directors prepares the annual accounts and is responsible for the proper organisation of the accounts and internal control of the Emergency Supply Agency.
The Board includes representatives from the Ministry of Employment and the Economy, the Ministry of Transport and Communications, the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, the Ministry of Defence, the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, and the Ministry of Finance. There are also representatives of companies that operate in sectors essential for security of supply.
The members of the board are:
- Director General Raimo Jyväsjärvi, Ministry of Defence
- Director General Minna-Mari Kaila, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
- CEO Tero Kiviniemi, Destia Ltd
- Director Pasi Pohjola, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- Director General Juha Sarkio, Ministry of Finance
- CEO Ilkka Tykkyläinen, Pohjolan Voima
- CEO Antti Viitanen, Novartis Finland
- Director General Laura Vilkkonen, Ministry of Transport and Communications
Henri Backman, Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, tel. +358 295 063 581